What is Psycho-physiognomy?
Physiognomy is a term that encompasses the appearance of an object. In the physiognomic basically a shape description is created to make conclusions about the nature, characteristics, usability, content or energy of something. An everyday example is the shopping of apples or oranges, which we understand to distinguish purely on the physiognomy (the appearance). In relation to men the untrained physiognomic analysis is known as the first impression, accompanied unconsciously to the degree of interpersonal sympathy.
Book recommendations for basic training
Applied knowledge of human
In psycho-physiognomy conclusions are drawn out of the appearance in form and energies regarding the needs and conditions of someone. In other words psycho-physiognomy is the interpretation of the body-, face- and soul expressions. It deals with the interaction of body, soul and spirit and explain therefor how the inner essence of men is manifested by the appearance and how the exterior acts on his inner life. Life shapes the experience, the experience has shaped the life.
Intentions of Psycho-physiognomy
- neutral description of the human form and face
- explain formations and expressions as phenomena of forces behind it, including their orientations
- interpret forces and formations as expressions of the soul
- ultimately lead to self-knowledge, self-fulfillment and a positive interaction
Important: neutral overall view
- Psycho-physiognomy is a teaching for a neutral overall view. Neutral, because it is always as it is.
- An attribute is always neutral – it is only in relation to a partikular situation a strength or weakness.
- Only a combination of all features results in a comprehensive statement. A simple assessment of individual features is misleading. There are individual characteristics of different areas that qualify each other, weaken or reinforce and therefor lead to other statements as the single feature alone.
- Also important is the distinction between a disposition and its activity level. What good is a great talent when it is not used and so the statement is relativized? In this regard, the following applies: tenseness and emanation is more important than shape. That makes an analysis of a photo difficult because these features hardly emerge from a photo.
Book recommendations for advanced training
One basis for psycho-physiognomy
Carl Huter describes in his teaching of psycho-physiognomy typical basic types (dispositions). This description of dispositions are idealized types useful for learning the system of psycho-physiognomy, but not related to a single person. Dispositions differ in behaviour, basic needs, strenghts and weaknesses in relation to specific situations. Their formation is mainly explained by the sense of typical forces and their interaction and in addition to that by the germ layer theory built out shortly after the fertilization. After multiple cell devisions three germ layers are built:
- the inner germ layer (endoderm), building in general the digestive tract
- the outer germ layer (ectoderm), building in general the nervous system and the skin
- the medium germ layer (mesoderm), building in general the musculoskeletal system and the cardiovascular system
According to the development of the germ layers the particular system is formed more or less causing the appearance, the disposition and finally the behaviour. Every person has a unique mixture of all three germ layers and different level of specified forces – even twins differ in that aspect. So each person is individual in appearance and behavior. This can be seen and described by a trained eye.
You can find more informations about a basic or advanced seminar at seminars Psycho-physiognomy.